AI is a new networking and mentoring organization for inventors and entrepreneurs, which has a well-established and distinguished history in Austin.
AustinInventors.org seeks to “foster entrepreneurship through networking, mentoring and participating in the global economy”. AI has formalized the mentoring mission with a steady addition of programs that address the critical soft and hard skills needed by entrepreneurs and professionals. The first step in this direction will be an upcoming Mentoring Roundtable. We will then add Institute Workshops, a Book on getting started, and next year, a Nurture Entrepreneurship initiative.
AI has three main objectives:
- Foster entrepreneurship and nurture invention.
- Provide a networking platform for its members.
- Help members integrate with the mainstream community.
AI respects religious, ethnic and political diversity, and expects the same from its members. AI does not have any political or religious affiliations. The values and beliefs of AI reflect the culture and value system of the local community.
- Entrepreneurship and wealth creation are invaluable human endeavors.
- Entrepreneurs with roots in the Austin region have a special role to play as a consequence of their unique experiences.
- Successful entrepreneurs find fulfillment in helping budding entrepreneurs.
AI takes its responsibilities seriously and has developed a philosophical framework (see below) to guide its actions. Through its words and actions, AI strives to achieve its stated goals and to stay true to its value system.
Following the guideline and philosophies of the AI local organization, the Austin chapter will attempt to mobilize the professional community around the common tenet of entrepreneurship. AI is an inclusive organization and its membership and benefits are available to anyone interested in working with and supporting the entrepreneurial community. AI will focus its energies on creating business opportunities, maintaining relationships through networking and nurturing entrepreneurship.
AI Austin’s planned activities include monthly meetings and dinner events with nationally acclaimed entrepreneurs and inventors sharing their experiences and wisdom.
- Formal Dinner Events every 6-8 weeks (with Keynotes and Panels)
- Monthly Networking meeting (with a hot company presentation)
- Mentor network
- Angel forums
- Resource Center